Some Updates about PNB fraud case of Rs. Rs.12700 crore:-
- Axis Bank’s MD, Shikha Sharma and ICICI Bank’s MD Chanda Kochhar along with some senior officer of 31 banks summoned by Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) for questioning regarding extension of loans to Gitanjali Groups.
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered two cases in the matter and so far has arrested 18 persons.
- Vipul chitalia, vice president of Gitanjali Group is detained by CBI.
- Foreign lenders are unwilling to sell gold to PNB.
- CBI gets remand of 4 accused including internal auditor of Nirav Modi’s company, Sanjay Rambhia (a partner in CA firm, Sampat and Mehta).
- CBI told the court that the voilation of the norms was going on in PNB since 2010.