A gst registered composite scheme jewellery business dealer how to registeration and fees pay procedure of hallmark for jewellery shop .dealer turnover sales turnover f.y.20-21 Rs:35 lacs.
Hallmark Registration for Jeweller
Please note that:-
A jeweller who want to sell Hallmarked gold jewellery is required to obtain a registration from BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) (https://bis.gov.in/) for any particular premises of a sales outlet. Under the BIS Hallmarking Scheme for Gold and Silver, jewellers are required to take registration for sale of Hallmarked article from each outlet. A jeweller under same management having more than one sales outlet can obtain a corporate licence covering all of its sales outlets.The registration is granted to a jeweller for particular premises if –
- the application in prescribed format along with necessary documents is found in order.
- payment of requisite fees is done.
- Agreement is signed with BIS for operating the licence by the jeweller.
- In case the jeweller is also desirous to sell Hallmarked silver jewellery/artefacts another registration shall be obtained from BIS by submitting a separate application.
- After grant of licence, the jeweller has to follow the terms and conditions mentioned in the agreement.
- Deviations in purity of precious metal (gold and/or silver) and observance of operations not in conformance to stated requirements may result in cancellation of the licence and Proceedings for penalties may also be initiated by BIS.
Download important Documents form BIS website, link is given below:-
Click here to Download Application form for grant of Licence to Jeweller to Sell Hallmarked Articles.
Click here to download list of required documents for Application for grant of Licence to Jeweller to Sell Hallmarked Articles.
Detail of applicable Fee for Application for grant of Licence to Jeweller to Sell Hallmarked Articles.
Hallmark policy Guidelines & procedures